Share This Article
“Five US Big Tech Shares Ready to Report: Analyzing Amazon, Apple, and More”
1. Microsoft: Microsoft is set to report its third-quarter fiscal 2023 earnings. Analysts anticipate that the tech giant will top Wall Street’s estimates, driven by the surging demand for its cloud computing services. Microsoft has been on a roll lately, as its two biggest cloud offerings, Azure and Office 365, have seen significant growth.
2. Amazon: Amazon is scheduled to report its third-quarter earnings. The e-commerce giant’s revenues have surged to record levels as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, with sales expected to reach as high as $100 billion for the first quarter. Analysts anticipate that Amazon’s cloud computing business, Amazon Web Services, will be a major driver of its earnings.
3. Alphabet: Alphabet, parent company of Google, is also set to report first-quarter earnings on April 28. Last quarter, Alphabet saw its advertising revenues drop significantly due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, analysts believe that the company’s cloud computing services, Google Cloud Platform, will be a major source of growth for the tech giant.
4. Apple: Apple will report its third-quarter earnings on August. Apple has been a major beneficiary of the coronavirus pandemic, as consumers have flocked to its iPhone and Macs to work from home. Analysts are optimistic that Apple’s Services business will be a major driver of its earnings, helped by its App Store and Apple Music.
5. Facebook: Facebook is set to report its third-quarter earnings. Despite the pandemic, the company’s revenues grew by 22% in the fourth quarter, driven largely by its core advertising products. Analysts expect the company’s focus on digital payments, augmented reality and virtual reality to further drive its earnings.Big tech shares, such as Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Alphabet, and Microsoft, are set to publish their quarterly earnings in the coming weeks. Depending on how these tech giants perform and what they reveal in their financials could determine the direction of the technology market moving forward.
For Apple, investors will be watching to see how much additional demand its newest devices, such as the iPhone 11, will bring in. This could lead to an increase in revenue and market share, something that the company has been seeking to do for some time. Additionally, the company’s services, such as Apple Music and Apple TV+, could be a sign of future success for the company.
Amazon, on the other hand, is estimated to report a 32 percent year-over-year increase in revenue. This could be the result of its ever-growing cloud computing service, Amazon Web Services, as well as its e-commerce success. Investors will also be keeping an eye on its streaming service, Amazon Prime Video, and its subscription service, Amazon Prime.
Facebook investors will be paying close attention to how many users the social platform has, as well as the growth of its other services, such as Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp. They’ll also be looking for further progress in its initiatives to make the platform safer and more secure.
Alphabet, the parent company of Google, is expected to report a 15 percent year-over-year increase in revenue. Much of this is anticipated to come from its search engine and advertising business. Investors will also be looking for any news regarding its cloud computing division and its other projects, such as Waymo.
Finally, Microsoft is predicted to report a 14 percent year-over-year revenue increase. Much of this will likely come from its Office 365 subscription service as well as its popular gaming console, the Xbox One. Investors will also be looking for details on its Windows 10 operating system and its cloud computing business, Azure.
Overall, these five companies are expected to give investors an insight into how the world of technology is performing, and how it is likely to perform in the coming months. Any surprises or positive news from these companies could have a major impact on the overall tech market.