Share This Article
10 High-Paying Jobs with Little Competition: A Financial Look at Average Salaries in 2023
1. Air Traffic Controller: Air Traffic Controllers coordinate the movement of air traffic to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft. They have one of the highest paying salaries in the world and require the least competition. Salary: About $122,000 per year
2. Computer and Information Research Scientist: Computer and Information Research Scientists conduct research and develop new technologies and applications related to computers and computing networks. They are highly paid and require little competition. Salary: About $117,000 per year
3. Financial Manager: Financial Managers oversee financial operations and devise strategies to maximize profits and minimize risk. Their salaries are among the highest in the world, and the competition is not high. Salary: About $116,000 per year
4. Operations Research Analyst: Operations Research Analysts are tasked with designing and developing ways to improve organizational processes and efficiencies to reduce costs and increase profits. The salary is good and the competition is low. Salary: About $105,000 per year
5. Nuclear Engineer: Nuclear Engineers design, develop and manage nuclear energy systems, such as power plants. Salaries are high and competition is low. Salary: About $102,000 per year
6. Electronics Engineer: Electronics Engineers design, develop, test and manufacture electronic components and systems. Their salaries are very good, and the competition is low. Salary: About $95,000 per year
7. Actuary: Actuaries analyze the financial costs of risk and uncertainty, and create and utilize mathematical models to evaluate risk. Actuaries have some of the highest salaries and lowest competition. Salary: About $92,000 per year
8. Astronomer: Astronomers observe and analyze astronomical phenomena and collect data about the universe. Their salaries are high, and the competition is low. Salary: About $89,000 per year
9. Petroleum Engineer: Petroleum Engineers design and develop new methods of extraction, refining and transportation of oil and natural gas. Their salaries are some of the highest in the world, and the competition is low. Salary: About $83,000 per year
10. Aerospace Engineer: Aerospace Engineers are responsible for the design and development of aircraft and spacecraft. They have some of the highest salaries in the world and require the least competition. Salary: About $80,000 per year1. Marketing Manager. With an average salary of $74,778, marketing managers have the top spot for salaries and little competition as the role is very specialized.
2. IT Manager. Ranking second in the list of highest paid jobs with little competition is the IT manager. The average salary for the position is $73,632.
3. Business Manager. Business managers have the third spot for best-paid jobs with little competition. The average salary for the position is $73,058.
4. Chief Information Officer. The average salary for the position of a chief information officer is $70,908.
5. Production Manager. Production managers rank fifth on the list, with an average salary of $67, 988.
6. Systems Analyst. Systems analysts are the sixth-best paid job with little competition, with the average salary for the position being $67, 87.
7. Accountant. The accountant is seventh on the list, with an average salary of $65,820.
8. Financial Manager. Financial managers earn an average salary of $65,279, making them the eighth highest paid job with little competition.
9. Web Developer. Web developers provide the ninth spot on the list with an average salary of $62,705.
10. Database Administrator.Database administrators round out the list in tenth place with an average salary of $62, Tort. The job requires some specialized knowledge and few applicants, thus giving relatively high salaries and low competition.1. Business Intelligence Analyst
Business intelligence analysts use data to help companies identify trends and opportunities that can be used to formulate strategies and decisions. They analyze data to engage customers more efficiently and effectively. According to PayScale, these professionals can earn an average salary of $82,518 per year.
2. Software Engineer
Software engineers design, develop, and evaluate software solutions to help businesses operate more efficiently. They also create applications and computer programs for businesses. PayScale indicates that software engineers earn an average salary of $89,521 annually.
3. Data Scientist
Data scientists use software and technical skills to collect and analyze data for businesses. They build models to help companies better understand their customers and predict future trends. Data Scientists earn an average salary of $113,088 per year, according to PayScale.
4. Financial Analyst
Financial analysts help businesses make sound investments and strategic financial decisions. They study data to develop financial models and provide reports to upper management. PayScale reports that financial analysts receive an average salary of $75,580 per year.
5. Chief Financial Officer
Chief financial officers (CFOs) are the executive responsible for the financial operations of an organization. They manage financial risks, create budgets, and provide financial guidance to upper management. CFOs earn an average salary of $153,106 per year, according to PayScale.
6. UX Designer
User experience (UX) designers use user research and design principles to create digital experiences that are user-friendly. They also use software programs to create prototypes and mock-ups and ensure the final product meets user needs. PayScale reports that UX designers earn an average salary of $71,952 annually.
7. Business Systems Analyst
Business systems analysts are responsible for designing or modifying business systems to increase efficiency and efficiency. They perform data analysis to identify problems and develop solutions. According to PayScale, these professionals earn an average salary of $70,392 per year.
8. Database Administrator
Database administrators (DBAs) manage and maintain corporate databases. They ensure that all data is backed up, secured, and organized properly. DBAs earn an average salary of $81,409 annually, according to PayScale.
9. Cybersecurity Analyst
Cybersecurity analysts are responsible for developing and implementing security protocols and strategies to protect an organization’s digital infrastructure from cyber threats. PayScale reports that these professionals earn an average salary of $82,097 per year.
10. Cloud Engineer
Cloud engineers are responsible for the maintenance, deployment, and administration of an organization’s cloud-based systems. They develop and implement strategies to ensure that the cloud platform is secure and functioning optimally. According to PayScale, cloud engineers can earn an average salary of $125,361 annually.